Course Management and Collaboration
Many instructors post class notes, syllabi, and other resources in class pages in local ITRC (Informaion Technology Resource Center). Every LIU course is automatically set up in the LMS, but the course material must be first set up by the instructor before students can access the site. When students or instructors log into the LMS with your LIU ID and password, each of your courses will automatically appear in the course navigation area of the workspace. Contact your campus Information Technology Resource Center for assistance with LMS issues.
To secure a computer lab for your course, please contact the Office of the Registrar at your campus.
95% of the classrooms on the LIU campus are equipped with Smart Projection Technology. Features of the classrooms are:
- VGA/HDMI ports on the wall to connect your laptop
- A set of speakers mounted on the wall
- A MULTI-TOUCH enabled interactive wireless projector that allows you
- PC-free touch- and pen-based interactivity: Two people can work simultaneously, or independently. Touch-based interactivity enables students and faculty to draw, share and interact using intuitive and familiar gestures.
- Wireless interactivity: When using Epson EasyMP software with a networked BrightLink projector, faculty are no longer tied down by restrictive and confining cables. You can wirelessly display and interact with content as you move about the classroom with your laptop, experiencing a whole new level of interactive freedom.
- Advanced network connectivity and management capabilities: Present your content over the Wired and Wireless network.
- Epson iProjection App: Display, annotate and control content from your iOS or Android mobile device with the free Epson iProjection App. Faculty can walk around the class and still share engaging content. The app is easy to use and navigate with intuitive menu options that make it simple to bring iOS and Android content to the big screen.
- A fixed whiteboard that doubles as a projection surface.
- A wall mounted Crestron Control Panel that lets you: turn the system on/off, select source for projection and control the volume.