Photo courtesy of Microsoft Inc.
Microsoft 365 at LIU
Microsoft 365 is a cloud-powered productivity platform. With access you can get:
- The most up-to-date modern productivity apps, such as Microsoft Teams, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, OneDrive, and so much more.
- The ability to install on PCs, Macs, tablets, and phones.
- Feature updates and upgrades not available anywhere else.
LIU Microsoft Office 365 is available to all active faculty, staff, students & emeritus for free. Alumni and retirees are not included in the university’s licensing terms with Microsoft.
Microsoft Office 365 at LIU may not be used with sensitive university data.
Refer to Microsoft’s accessibility page for Microsoft 365 apps for more information.
For information and training on office products you can visit the Microsoft 365 help & learning center or click on the products below for the topic of interest.
The IT Help Desk offers only limited support for Microsoft Office 365
Support is limited to helping you access the Microsoft 365 productivity apps via your account. If you have questions or need assistance beyond access, please visit Microsoft Office Support.
Although additional Microsoft services may be available for use with your Microsoft 365 account, these services do not come with institutional support and should not be used for critical university business, research, or educational use cases.
To use Microsoft One Drive, SharePoint, Office and Outlook email 2 Step Authentication using the DUO mobile app is required.
- Go to https://www.office.com
- Enter your LIU email address (i.e., email@example.com) at the Microsoft sign-in prompt.
- Sign in using your LIU password on the next screen
- Authenticate with Duo two-factor authentication, if prompted.
You will be taken to the Microsoft 365 site, where you can use the various online applications available.
On the office home page you can access All of the Microsoft services available to you, change account settings, or install office to your machine.
- Click on the grid to Access the entire list of applications available
- Here you can keep shortcuts to your most commonly used applications
- Click the gear to access settings and other functions like signatures, or auto reply
- Click your profile picture to access your profile settings and password reset
- Click this button to install Office 365 locally to your machine.
If you are having problems logging into the Microsoft.com site, your account may need to synchronize with the Microsoft servers. Go to https://webapps3.liu.edu/office365 and log in. Once it says your account is synced wait one hour, then try to log into office again.
For more information on working with and configuring outlook you can go here.
Set up and customize Outlook, create and send email, organize your inbox, and manage your email, contacts, tasks, and calendar.
Collaborate with others, store, share, sync your files, and find help, training, and tips for using OneDrive and OneDrive for Business.
Set up, customize, and collaborate in teams and channels, work with posts and messages, and start chats, calls, and meetings.
Jumpstart your project with templates, work with others on documents, and find help, training, and tips for using Word.
See what’s new in Excel, download templates, and get tips, help, and training on Excel, including info from pros on YouTube channels.
Create, share, and co-author presentations, create slides, tables, and animations, and insert pictures and videos.
Join Teams meetings anytime, anywhere, from any device.
Teams meetings are best when you join them from the Teams app or Teams on the web, and there are a bunch of ways to do that—read on for details about joining by link, from your calendar, and more. If you can’t use the app or the web, some meetings let you call in using a phone number.
Click on any topic below to find out more.