Students can also go to the Genius Corner (located at the bottom of Pratt, the back of Subways) if they require one‐on‐one assistance. If students are encountering problems with logging into Blackboard due to a discrepancy with their MY LIU account information, they should go to the Center for Student Information (located on the 3rd floor of the Library Learning Center rm. 301).
- While in Blackboard and within desired course, Select Packages and Utilities from Course Management.
- Select Export/Archive Course, click on the file name and confirm by selecting OK.
- Place a check box for the most current backup, click the action icon and select “Save as file”.
- A browse for Location window appears. Click OK to save backup copy in your “My Files” area.
- To retrieve the backup copy for your own safekeeping, go to the Build tab, select File Manager, and click the My Files icon at the top of your window.
Your archived copy will be titled with the course ID, the date you make the backup, and ending with a “.bak ” extension. Click the action icon to download a copy to your computer. Faculty can contact the ITRC at your local campus for assistance with archiving courses.
Important Notice: Before submitting your formal request to the ITRC to have a courses merged please be sure to obtain authorization from your department chain and dean.
- The document type.
- The browser used to access the file.
- The browser’s pop-up blocker may not be disabled for Blackboard.
Alternative methods for making content accessible
Your students can avoid the whole process of disabling the pop‐up blocker if they go into your course using either the Firefox or Safari web browser. Another way to avoid the interference of the popblocker is to upload portable documents (html, pdf). Portable documents require the browser to convert the content; therefore, the student can avoid launching any applications in order to preview content.
- If you wish to add a co-designer or co-teacher, you must have your department chair make the request. For workload changes, this request should be forwarded to the Registrar. For other roles, you may request access for:
- Teaching assistants
Guests (provides limited permissions)