R is a highly extensible language and environment that provides a wide variety of statistical (linear and non-linear modeling, classical statistical tests, time-series analysis, classification, and clustering) and graphical techniques. It is a GNU project that is similar to the S language and environment.
RStudio is an integrated development environment (IDE) designed to help you be more productive with R. It includes a console, syntax-highlighting editor that supports direct code execution, and a variety of robust tools for plotting, viewing history, debugging and managing your workspace. Click here to see more RStudio features.
RStudio is an Open Source and free to download.
Windows, Mac, UNIX
RStudio Desktop: Open Source Edition
- Access RStudio locally
- Syntax highlighting, code completion, and smart indentation
- Execute R code directly from the source editor
- Quickly jump to function definitions
- Easily manage multiple working directories using projects
- Integrated R help and documentation
- Interactive debugger to diagnose and fix errors quickly
- Extensive package development tools